Skip to main content

How Can We Help You?

Get your insurance questions answered no matter where you are.

Frequently asked insurance questions.

Home » How Can We Help You?

Have a quick question, but not sure when you’ll have time to contact us? No problem! Go through our most frequently asked questions to see if the answer is here!

General Insurance FAQs

Q: When is my bill due and how can I pay?

A: The best way to pay your bill on time is by paying in full at the inception of your policy or by setting up an EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) that would take the amount due from your bank account on the correct date. Leaving you worry-free.

If you are paying monthly, you will see the due date on the payment stub that comes to you via mail or email, which will also have the mailing address of where to send your bill.

A few other options to pay your bill would be to go to your carrier’s client portal and set up an account to pay online. You may also call us and press option 1 to pay over the phone.

Q: Can you send me my ID Cards/Dec Pages?

A: The easiest way to get ID cards and declaration pages is by setting up an account with your carrier’s client portal where you can print off those items whenever you like. You may also go to our and put in a request to receive those documents and someone will get back to you within the hour.

Q: What is Rental Car Coverage? (related to a claim)

A: Rental car coverage covers you if you are in an accident and need another vehicle to drive while yours is in the shop being repaired or while looking for a new car if your car was determined a total loss. You can not use it if your vehicle is going in for regular maintenance or your car breaks down due to normal wear and tear. It is an optional coverage that does come with per day and per occurrence limits. If you are curious that you need this type of coverage or want to know if your limits are sufficient, please contact us via our website request feature, text, or call to speak with one of our Client Service Advisors.

Q: Do I need to get rental car coverage at the counter? (non-related to a claim)

A: If you have a vehicle on an auto policy that has both comprehensive and collision coverages, those coverages will extend to the vehicle you are renting. If you want to purchase additional insurance through the rental company, you are more than welcome to do so. If you are renting a U-Haul type of vehicle that would be considered a commercial truck/van, you must purchase the insurance through the rental company as personal auto policies do not cover commercial vehicles.

Q: Why is my insurance premium increasing?

A: Insurance premiums can increase due to several factors. The main ones are violations, accidents, and credit scores. Other circumstances consist of the cost to repair or replace your vehicle should you be involved in an accident, your driving record, carrying comprehensive, collision and liability (what is considered “full coverage”) versus having just liability, and finally, having a youthful driver in the household. All of these are contributing factors but there are ways to lower your premiums. Send in an email request to our Client Services Advisors to set up a time to go over your policy to make sure you are getting the right discounts and coverages for you.

Q: When do I need to add my child to my policy?

A: Each carrier has its own guidelines on when you need to add on your new youthful driver. Please contact our Client Services Advisors via our website email request text, or call so they can make sure they are giving you the correct information based on your carrier.

Q: What is the difference between comprehensive, collision, and liability coverage?

A: Comprehensive coverage (sometimes referred as deer coverage) covers your vehicle from “acts of God” such as theft, fire, vandalism, and if an animal (deer) runs out in front of you.

Collision coverage helps pay to repair your vehicle due to a collision with another vehicle regardless of fault, object, or obstruction in the road.

Liability coverage covers the other parties’ damages and injuries if you’re in an accident. Liability coverage does have limits that are incredibly important. Make sure you are covered in a worst-case scenario by contacting our Client Services Advisors to go over yours.

Q: Can I let anyone drive my car?

A: Car insurance usually follows the car and not the driver however some carriers have different guidelines. You will need to check with our Client Services Advisors to make sure you have the correct information from your carrier. With that said, this question is dependent on two other questions: #1 is it permissive driving? Meaning, did you give this person permission to drive the vehicle? And #2 is it occasional? Did you give this person permission to drive on a truly occasional basis? If you answered yes to both of those questions then yes, you could have someone else drive your vehicle, but it’s always best to check with us first.

Q: Does my homeowner’s policy cover flood damage?

A: Flood damage because of an overflow from a body of water or leaking, seeping groundwater is not covered by your standard homeowner’s policy. Your homeowner’s policy can cover water damage from a pipe burst or your water heater rupturing (these are optional coverages, contact our Client Services Advisors to see if you have this) but it does not cover flood damage and will require the purchase of a separate flood policy.

Q: Why are policy reviews so important?

A: Life changes quickly and that can affect coverages that you may need. It may be adding a new driver or adding an addition to your home and everything in between. It’s important to make sure your policies stay up to date with your needs. It’s better to know your coverages and be prepared if a claim occurs. Email in a request today to set up a time and go over your policy if you haven’t this year.

General Claims FAQs

Q: How do I contact you to file a claim?

A: There are many ways you can reach us to help report your claim. Those ways consist of:

  • Our website-The Client Center on our site has a “Reporting a Claim” page that lets you fill out the details and sends the claim straight to us. We will then contact you when we receive it. This is useful for claims that happen during non-business hours.
  • ​Text any of our main office phone numbers during business hours to reach a member of our team.
  • Email us your claim at
  • You can also call our office anytime during business hours to reach a member of our team.

Q: Will my claim be covered?

A: At the time you report your claim, you will have a conversation with a member of our team that will let you know if your claim is something that your coverage will cover. Once the claim is reported, the approval is based upon the adjuster’s investigation.

Q: How long does the claim process usually take?

A: Each claim is different and how long it will take to resolve one usually depends on a lot of conditions. Our job is to make sure that we have all the information necessary and that the process keeps moving forward. We will continue to keep you informed on any changes, but you may reach out if you have questions along the way.

Q: What's a deductible?

A: A deductible is the amount of money you pay out of pocket before your insurance takes over. The amount can vary depending on the coverage. Our claims representative will let you know what that amount is during the initial conversation when reporting your claim.

Q: What if I don't have all the information about my loss right now? Should I wait to file a claim?

A: You should never wait to file a claim. Any information is enough to get your claim started. It is also very important to help prevent any further damage to the home or auto you are reporting a claim on.

Q: Do I need to get two estimates if I’m in a car accident and my vehicle is damaged?

A: You do not need to have two estimates unless your adjuster needs you to and they will give you that information during the initial call with them.

Q: Does my deductible apply to every claim?

A: Yes, your deductible will apply to each claim that is reported.

Q: If I hit a deer and my vehicle is damaged, do the police need to be called?

A: No, the police do not need to be called to the scene if you hit a deer. However, it is a good idea to let the police know that there may be a dead animal on the road and to have someone take care of the carcass. Do not approach the animal for your safety.

Q: What information do I need to collect from the other driver?

A: First thing to do is to make sure everyone’s okay. If not, please call emergency services right away.

​Then, if possible, collect:

  • Names of everyone involved.
  • Addresses (email and mailing) of everyone involved.
  • Phone numbers for the drivers, passengers, and any witnesses to the accident.
  • If it is safe to do so, take pictures of your vehicle and any of the others involved for your records.
  • The insurance company and a policy number of the person(s) directly involved.

Q: What is going to happen to my rate and/or premium?

A: This question is difficult to answer as it is based on who your insurance carrier is (i.e., Nationwide, Westfield, etc.). It also depends on the type of claim and the severity of the claim. To get a more definitive answer please contact us and speak to a CSA.

Contact Us

Have questions about insurance policies, billing, claims or anything else? No problem! Reach out and we’d be happy to help.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

How Can We Help You - Farmer Woman Looking At IPad While Standing in a Green Farm Field